Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September


I love September.
It reminds me
of when I was a little kid
getting ready to go back
to school.
and I would get new pencils.
And a pencil box.
And a lunch box.
Lunch boxes were fun.
Except..
I didn't like sandwiches
wrapped in waxed paper.
And I'd get new shoes.
That caused blisters.
And then I hated September.
Because I had to wear shoes. Period.
New shoes. That caused blisters.
I always remember the jingle
"30 days hath September..."
HA! So what.
But this September is really exciting to me.
Not because of shoes or lunch boxes
or blisters or jingles. Or pencils.
Or the whole back to school thing.
But, because for the first time
in a very, very long time
my little family
will be at home
together.
A sleep over.
Maybe we'll even pull an all niter!!
Happy September!
Hope you spend it with those you love.
With love and hugs.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment