Friday, September 11, 2020

I Will Never Forget

 


It’s hard to believe that 19 years ago our world as we knew it changed forever.
I remember a beautiful Tuesday morning, playing in the garden before our office meeting.
The kids were tucked in their classrooms at Blair Academy, Wes was off to work. 
I went inside to get ready for work, and that’s when I realized our country was under attack.
 Astonishing TV images of the planes hitting The World Trade Center.
Then The Pentagon.
Then Pennsylvania as I remember.
A sickening situation that grew worse as the day went on.
I went to work, put on the TV at the office, and it was then that we as a group 
learned that our admin’s son was an employee at The World Trade Center.
We paused in a deep moment of silence,
which grew more grim as the day went on.
Yes, Bruce Simmons at 41 years old perished,
leaving a wife and 3 children behind.
I bow my head to all of the victims, their families, the first responders and to 
the rest of the good people who experienced this horror.
As the pandemic continues, the fires rage, and the children wonder,
I hope there is resolve for peace and love in our world.
Vote! 
With love and hugs.
❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment