Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Juris Doctorate







I've been away for a little while.
My daughter received an award last Friday.
A most impressive 'Juris Doctorate';
Her law degree from New England Law, Boston.

I was hanging around the Wang Theatre.
Surrounded by the friends and families
and professors of 309 graduate students of NESL.

My heart and my eyes were swollen
with pride and happiness.
And joy.

I had shivers
as soon as I caught a glimpse
of her in her cap and gown,
a complimentary honors cord,
(Cum Laude)
her signature smile,
and that sparkle in her eyes!


So, now her life Journey continues.
She's in a far away place,
But forever close in our hearts.

Congratulations once again, Tiff!
You took the dare. You won.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Tiff! What an accomplishment!
    And congrats to the proud parents, too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete